Led by Mark Boulton
£345 + VAT until 6th August
Visual design is not magic, or the result of some God-given talent, but the result of applying rules, techniques and practice.
Mark’s workshop will cover the basics of visual design. From collaborative idea generation and visualising ideas, to the fundamentals of typography, grid design, composition and colour theory. Good visual design is like good jazz; it’s about having the chops to improvise around the constraints. That’s what this workshop will do: it will give you the chops. All you will need to do afterwards, is practice.
This workshop will cover:
- Critical thinking, ideation, visualising your ideas
- Re-writing the creative brief
- Brainstorming and the Four R's
- Sketchstorming and collaborative wire-framing
- The Fidelity Curve
- Visual design techniques, rules and constraints including typography, colour theory, grid design, composition and imagery.